Tamil Nadu has a lot to offer the wandering soul. If you want to experience an amazing weekend road trip from Bengaluru with your family, Yercaud is the place! Sitting pretty at 4970 feet above sea level and spread over 382 square kilometres, it is one of the best hill stations for nature lovers and photography enthusiasts.
Here’s everything you need to know about planning your trip to Yercaud!
Of all the visitors that enjoy the amazing beauty of Yercaud on any weekend, about 60% are from Bengaluru. The shortest distance between Bengaluru and Yercaud is 215 km.
The best routes
There are three ways to reach Yercaud from Bengaluru. Each has its own beauty.
The shortest route is via Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, Deevattipatti, Bommidi, and Kanavaipudur. This is the shortest route at 215 km, and takes approximately four and a half hours.
The second route is via Kanakapura, Dharmapuri-Hogenakkal Rd towards NH44 connecting to Deevattipatti, and then taking the same route above. This is about 272 km and can take over six hours.
The final route is via Kolar, Kammasandra, Kuppam, Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri, again connecting to NH44 and taking the same road as before. This is the longest route at 282 kilometres and can take up to seven hours to cover.
Other ways to reach Yercaud
Though the best way to enjoy a weekend getaway with your family in Yercaud is to drive down, you can also choose to take a bus from Bengaluru. Train is another option; the railway station closest to Yercaud is Salem, which is around 32 km away.
The closest airport is Trichy, which is approximately 165 km away. Air travel is suitable only for those who are coming from other parts of the country. Flying from Bengaluru isn’t a viable option.
What to explore
There are a lot of places to visit in Yercaud and en route. Here are some of the most famous:
- Bandipur National Park is one of the most famous wildlife reserves in the country. It is spread over 80 sq km. You can see deer and elephants when crossing the national park on the way to Yercaud.
- Yercaud Lake is a pristine water body. The panoramic vistas of the lake are enough to mesmerise you for hours.
- Pagoda Point is a hidden gem and not too touristy. It has an amazing hill station view that will surely re-energise you.
- Servaroyan Temple is a prominent place in Yercaud. It is located 5326 feet above sea level. It holds historic value and a lot of people visit this temple for spiritual guidance.
- Kiliyur Waterfall is one of the main highlights of Yercaud. You will be able to experience amazing wildlife around this waterfall.
- Silk Farm and Rose Garden are other places that should not be missed.
- Deer Park is an ideal spot for animal lovers and is a favourite with kids.
Club Mahindra Yercaud Resort is the perfect place to unwind with your family. Its comfortable and spacious rooms, essential amenities, beautiful landscape, and range of activities will engage every member in your group. Check out the Club Mahindra reviews online to find out what Club Mahindra members have said.
It is said one can’t claim to have truly experienced a new place until they have tasted its food. The Club Mahindra Yercaud resort has an in-house restaurant that offers you delicious local fare that will make your stay even more memorable. So with plenty of in-resort activities and a warm and friendly resort staff, your Yercuad holiday is going to be a truly memorable one!