Bangalore synonymous to Pubs and Software Companies is also known to have best coffee outlets that are not called Starbucks or Café Coffee Day. There is a lot more to try and experience good and quality coffee in this city. Here I am listing 5 of my favorite coffee outlets in Bangalore.
1. Café Matteo – Matteo is one of the best coffee shops in Bangalore and also one of the largest. Situated in MG road and Indiranagar this place is always bustling with crowd and there is a huge foreigner crowd looking for quality coffee. Their Carmel Latte along with varieties of Sandwiches and Cheesecake is a must try. My personal favorite although is ‘Fried eggs and toast’ that just tastes like heaven.
2. Coffee on Canvas – If you haven’t heard about Coffee on Canvas or is in your wishlist but not able to visit because of some reason or other then I’d suggest you to visit their website. It is enough to change your mind and will make you visit as soon as possible. This is a great place to hangout for bookworms and music lovers. Although wi-fi is not free here but for me it is an added advantage. Along with their coffee their pastries are a must have.
3. The Hole in Wall – Where else you’ll get a cup of coffee for rs 30 along with good food that is not heavy on your pocket. I love visiting hole in the wall for its pancakes that is served with honey instead of regular maple syrup and their coffee is really good.
4. Café Noir – Café Noir in UB city often gets overlooked by casual coffee lovers because of the large Café Coffee Day standing on your face. Best part of Café Noir is that it is situated on top of the UB city building where you can spending an evening sipping your coffee while looking at the stars. Along with regular coffee their cold coffee is a must try along with everything from their extensive menu most of which is unique and must try.
5. Mocha – Mocha may be in every metro city today but the exclusiveness that every Bangalorian feels with this place is something special. This was once a popular hangout for school students for its hookah that I am not sure is served now and its coffee is the best thing ever. Time flies here, when you are with friends you’ll just forget to keep tab on time. Along with coffee their Maggie is a must try.